Sunday, April 11, 2010
What am I doing?
I have had some questions about what kind of plan are we following so I am going to post our daily meals here, We are not following a specific plan. I am kind of making it up as I go. I have always had a problem with dieting because I was always hungry after every meal and every plan I have ever tried never worked for long. So what I have done is just find foods that I like and that taste good to me and am working around that. The one thing I really realized is when I went to the grocery store Saturday is that I was eating 4 portions of meat at each meal. Well 4 portions adds up to about 800 to 1200 calories. Ok so I have to cut back on the meat that I eat so what do I replace it with that was the hard part. I had to find something that would make me feel full and yet not add the calories. We start every meal with a salad with a light dressing(my new favorite is sun dried tomatoe vinagrette) and for the meal we have at least 2 vegetables. But we do not mix starches like we do not have corn and potatoes. One thing that also helps me is not eating alot of bread. Bread adds weight and it does it fast. Adding fiber to my diet has really helped me to fell full and for longer. I also eat fruit as a snack. I have not began to exercise yet I am going to add one thing at a time. I will begin an exercise program this week. I have found in the past that if I try to do it all at once I always fail. This time I have decided to start slow and work up to a lifestyle that I want to live. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I will do my best to answer them as best as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment