Today in my bible study I read a verse, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?" (Gal_3:2-3) I read this in my daily devotional. It got me to thinking, It did not matter what I did there was no way to justify myself. Only through Christ am I justified. OK so we all know about that and agree with that right? Often times I find myself only paying attention to the first part of that verse, but as I looked today I realized something entirely new. No matter how hard I work at it I can come no closer to being like Christ no matter what I do. WHAT!! You say. I know, I thought the same thing. But as I thought on it more and more I realized that yes I am supposed to do what I am commanded to do read God's word, pray, go to church and all that. But to be more like Christ only God can do that in my life, he will make the change, I cannot. So to bring this to a close, I am commanded to do certain things and leave the rest up to God. I need to get out of my own way and let God take over.
Love all of you in Christ
Love all of you in Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment